[reportlab-users] PTOContainer split problem

Yoann Roman yroman-reportlab at altalang.com
Wed Aug 13 09:02:01 EDT 2008

I'm running across a PTOContainer problem when the content is a single very
large paragraph. Attached are two files: a simple Python script and a large
text file (GNU GPL, in this case).

If I try to use the doc.build([pto]) line, I get this:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "pto_test.py", line 24, in <module>
doc.build([pto])
File "C:\Program
Files\Python\lib\site-packages\reportlab\platypus\doctemplate
.py", line 911, in build
BaseDocTemplate.build(self,flowables, canvasmaker=canvasmaker)
File "C:\Program
Files\Python\lib\site-packages\reportlab\platypus\doctemplate
.py", line 740, in build
self.handle_flowable(flowables)
File "C:\Program
Files\Python\lib\site-packages\reportlab\platypus\doctemplate
.py", line 671, in handle_flowable
raise LayoutError(ident)
reportlab.platypus.doctemplate.LayoutError: Flowable <PTOContainer at
0x13cf508
frame=normal>... too large on page 2

The script runs fine if I skip the PTOContainer (i.e., use doc.build([p])).

Am I doing something wrong or is there a bug somewhere?

Thanks,

--
Yoann Roman