[reportlab-users] Support for OpenType Fonts

Tim Roberts timr at probo.com
Mon Aug 11 14:49:23 EDT 2008

Aaron Barlow wrote:

> I hopefully have a quick question. Does ReportLab support OpenType

> Fonts. I can't seem to find a definite yes or no in the documentation

> or Google. If there is support, how does one use them in ReportLab or

> RML? Thanks in advance.

It's a bit of a trick question. OpenType fonts are really either
TrueType or Type 1. On XP and beyond, for example, Arial is an OpenType
font, and it works perfectly well in ReportLab.

I'm not sure I have any OpenType fonts are that really Type 1
underneath, but I'd be surprised if they didn't work.

Tim Roberts, timr at probo.com
Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.