[reportlab-users] French formatting of decimal for chart label axis

Harald Armin Massa haraldarminmassa at gmail.com
Fri Aug 1 14:27:06 EDT 2008

Ian,

If you have floating point numbers, you can use locale from the python
standard lib.

If you are using Decimals from decimal.Decimal, the most effective way
is to use pybabel. I tried to avoid another dependencie, but
everything else takes even more time. So: be as wise as I am now, not
as I was before, and use pybabel from the start :)

Harald

On Fri, Aug 1, 2008 at 19:54, Stevens, Ian <IStevens at globeandmail.com> wrote:

> Hi everyone. I have a plot, specifying the label format as a percent for

> the yValueAxis like so:

> plot.yValueAxis.labelTextFormat = '%1.1f%%'

> That's fine for English decimals, eg. 3.5%, but now there's a requirement

> for French decimal format, eg. 3,5%. How would I acheive this using the

> labelTextFormat property?

> thanks,

> Ian.

GHUM Harald Massa
persuadere et programmare
Harald Armin Massa
Spielberger Straße 49
70435 Stuttgart
0173/9409607
no fx, no carrier pigeon
-
EuroPython 2009 will take place in Birmingham - Stay tuned!