[reportlab-users] Producing pages out of order - possible?

Andy Robinson andy at reportlab.com
Tue Apr 29 07:57:47 EDT 2008

2008/4/29 Andy Robinson <andy at reportlab.com>:

> Approach 2 used some crude reference objects we built which allow multi-pass

> generation of flowing documents. This is under-documented and we have promised

> Dinu to try and make a better high-level 'TableOfContents' flowable which wraps

> it up, but haven't doe this yet.

It occurs to me that perhaps a good, well-documented example of Approach 1
might remove most of the needs for a "table of contents flowable" and
multi-pass.
You only really need multi-pass for references within a paragraph, where you
don't know how wide the text string is going to be until later because you don't
know yet if it's going to say 'page 9' or 'page 10'

- Andy