[reportlab-users] once again with external fonts in pythonpoint

Paul Okop paul_okop at mail.ru
Thu Apr 17 05:29:36 EDT 2008

Here is the problem:
I've got an XML with unicode-strings(in Cyrillic), need to create PDF out of this with uni-font build-in. Since there is no unicode font in reportlab, I want to use some external font(T1 font called CyrveticaExtra). Is there any algorithm for building the font in the pythonpoint or reportlab?
Editing the stylesheets is not helpfull - fonts.py raises ValueError:

File "fonts.py", line 68, in ps2tt
ValueError: Can't map determine family/bold/italic for cyrveticaextra

If got my font copied into 'fonts' folder, then tried to 'insert' font's map into fonts.py - didn't help - pdfmetrics.py raised error:

File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/reportlab/pdfbase/pdfmetrics.py", line 617, in getTypeFace
return _typefaces[faceName]
KeyError: 'cyrveticaextra'

What next? As I understand the brute search should be done and the font should be registered, but the script only raises this error.

My system(if needed): Ubuntu 7.10 Python 2.5 Reportlab 2.1
_________
Paul Okop