[reportlab-users] Using reportlab for generating graphics

Robin Becker robin at reportlab.com
Tue Apr 1 14:26:27 EDT 2008

Adrián Ribao Martínez wrote:

> El Martes, 1 de Abril de 2008, Robin Becker escribió:

>> Adrián Ribao Martínez wrote:

>>> El Martes, 1 de Abril de 2008, Rich Shepard escribió:

>> It should be possible to use PIL directly if that's what you want, but our

>> library doesn't have a direct PIL canvas as yet.

> Ok, thank you!

> Are you planning to get rid of renderPM and use a direct PIL canvas?

> In the meanwhile I probably use google charts or maybe I'll try getting the

> image from reportlab in eps format and transform it to png using PIL.

we're not planning on generating a PIL canvas as yet. The renderPM
canvas uses PIL for various conversions. We have three people working on
linux machines so perhaps one of them can do the dpkg thing for the
_renderPM C extension.

I found this quite hard in the past with all the different versions of
libc etc etc, but perhaps things have improved somewhat.