[reportlab-users] UTF8 Encoded Strings

Tim Roberts timr at probo.com
Wed Oct 31 20:09:27 EDT 2007

Rich Shepard wrote:

> On Wed, 31 Oct 2007, Tim Roberts wrote:

>> Here's one example, completely devoid of comments.

>> def setXY( self, x, y ):

>> self.x = x

>> self.y = y

>> def getXY( self ):

>> return (self.x,self.y)

> Tim,

> These two alone are worth the price of admission. I look and grep

> canvas.py to see how I can determine just where the caret is at any

> point in

> the script, but I've not found anything that I recognized as useful.

Right, because the Canvas object does not have the concept of a caret.
Every new thing that is output to a Canvas has to specify its
coordinates completely. The textobject (in textobject.py), which is
what you get with a beginText call, does have a caret, but I think
that's what you've been fighting.

Tim Roberts, timr at probo.com
Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.