[reportlab-users] UTF8 Encoded Strings

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Oct 31 14:58:21 EDT 2007

On Wed, 31 Oct 2007, Robin Becker wrote:

> tx = canv.beginText()

> canv.drawText(tx)

Well, I _thought_ that I had the equivalent using textobject. The pdf file
displays properly here on xpdf-3.02 and acroread-7.0.1.

Attached is the totally re-written script to produce the page without
using platypus, just textobjects and the canvas. It works, but it looks
downright ugly to me, probably because of my inexperience in writing it more
effectively and cleanly.

Since it does work, I'd really appreciate feedback on how to write it
better. That is, more cleanly, efficiently, and without having to find the
current cursor position and use that for each new part to be written.

I also greatly appreciate the patience and help of all of you who have
held my hand as I slowly and painfully progressed to this stage of
understanding.

Thanks

Rich

--
Richard B. Shepard, Ph.D. | The Environmental Permitting
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. | Accelerators(TM)