[reportlab-users] Bug in renderSVG.SVGCanvas.rect()

Benjamin Wohlwend piquadrat at gmail.com
Tue Oct 30 17:52:28 EDT 2007

Hi,

while drawing Charts with ReportLab, I stumbled across a little bug in
renderSVG.SVGCanvas.rect(). If the x-coordinate of the first point is bigger
than the second, the width is negative (likewise with y-coordinates).
Negative values are not allowed for these attributes [1]. This happens for
instance when drawing vertical barcharts with negative values.

If my math is right, swapping the coordinates if necessary should solve the
problem. I attached a patch.

Kind regards,

Benjamin Wohlwend

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG/shapes.html#RectElement