[reportlab-users] Flow text around image with image caption?

Robin Becker robin at reportlab.com
Thu Oct 25 13:13:01 EDT 2007

Erik Wickstrom wrote:

> Hi,

> I'm trying to get my text to flow around an image with an image

> caption. So far I've figured out how to flow the text:

> elements.append(ParagraphAndImage(story,image,side='right'))

> However, I haven't been able to find anything on google or in the user

> manual about adding a caption to that image.

> What's the best way to go about this?

> Thanks!

> Erik

It's painful to relate, but we first did paragraph and Image and then image and
flowables. Logically we should do flowables and flowables so you have a list of
flowables wrapping round another list of flowables; fairly hard to implement
when things like paragraphs don't have a width.

The point is that at present ImageFlowables don't have a caption. It shouldn't
be too hard to make a flowable that behaves mostly like an ImageFlowable, but
also has a caption.