[reportlab-users] Printing Tuples From A List

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu Oct 11 09:33:40 EDT 2007

On Thu, 11 Oct 2007, Andy Robinson wrote:

> We don't draw "tabs", and nor does any other graphics API I have worked

> with.; a string with a tab character in it will just get drawn with a

> space or some error character.

Andy,

I did not think so.

> Your best bet is to use Platypus and generate a table.

Thank you. This answers the main question I had: the most appropriate
approach to getting the results we need. I'll re-read chapter 5 and look at
the sample in

> reportlab/test/test_platypus_tables.py.

> I suggest you take that, and modify it so the data array is basically your

> query results. It also has some useful features like being able to carry

> over to the next page, and repeat title rows when you start a new page.

> There is documentation in the user guide on all the ways to format tables.

I will, of course, take your suggestion. This particular report is one
page only, and the 28 lines of output need to align horizontally with the
OMR form, so I'll be tweaking the position quite a bit until I get it right.

The other two reports will be multi-page, and I did re-read how to have the
header printed on each page.

Many thanks,

Rich

--
Richard B. Shepard, Ph.D. | The Environmental Permitting
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. | Accelerators(TM)