[reportlab-users] Page background image with Platypus?

Erik Wickstrom erik at erikwickstrom.com
Fri Oct 5 15:57:35 EDT 2007

I tried your suggestion, but it just seems to throw more errors. Here is a
snipet of my code:

from cStringIO import StringIO
from reportlab.lib.styles import getSampleStyleSheet
from reportlab.platypus import *
from reportlab.platypus.flowables import KeepInFrame
from reportlab.platypus import Image
from reportlab.pdfgen import canvas
from reportlab.lib.pagesizes import letter, portrait, landscape
from reportlab.lib.units import inch
from reportlab.rl_config import defaultPageSize

(MAXWIDTH, MAXHEIGHT) = defaultPageSize

image = Image('/root/journal/gazette/paper1.png')
elements.append(KeepInFrame(MAXWIDTH, MAXHEIGHT, image))
# Create two 'Paragraph' Flowables and add them to our 'elements'
elements.append(Paragraph("The Platypus", styles['Heading1']))
elements.append(Paragraph("Very <i>Special</i>!", styles['Normal']))

# Write the document to disk
doc.build(elements)

Am I using KeepInFrame incorrectly?

Thanks!