[reportlab-users] Chasing pyHnj error

Robin Becker robin at reportlab.com
Sat Nov 24 18:19:21 EST 2007

Dinu Gherman wrote:

> Hi,

> I'm posting this here because pyHnj is part of the ReportLab distri-

> bution and it's actually part of my attempt to write a new implemen-

> tation of the paragraph class in Platypus.

> Maybe somebody wants to help a little bit with a confusing error I get

> when using pyHnj on a MacBook Pro running OS 10.4.10... What I get is

> the following really uncool Deallocation error:

for what it's worth I get this behaviour in win32

c:\usr\home\robin>python -c "import pyHnj; pyHnj.Hyphen()"
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
SystemError: error return without exception set

so it's probably an error that is in the code now. It's probably an
allocation routine error; python became much stricter recently about
which allocation/free routines are used. We haven't been using pyHnj at
all, but it used to work so I suspect it's the environment that changed.
I'll take a look in the morning.