[reportlab-users] Vector graphic embedding

Dinu Gherman gherman at darwin.in-berlin.de
Tue Nov 13 03:24:11 EST 2007

Jason Craig:

> So, if I'm interpreting what I have found correctly, if I wish to

> embed an already created vector graphic (say, in PS or PDF form)

> into my PDF document, there is no easy way to do this beyond

> purchasing a £15,000 software license and using PageCatcher? It

> seems absurd that Reportlab supports all the PDF functions to draw

> all the pieces of my vector graphic but cannot actually draw it in

> my document. Any help would be appreciated.

I guess you're right, but unfortunately this is the ReportLab policy!
If SVG is an option, you might want to try a package I wrote a few
years ago, which is not really well supported right now and which you
might have to tweak a bit. You can find it on my old Starship pages:

http://python.net/~gherman/svglib.html

Regards,

Dinu