[reportlab-users] Embedding Platypus Story in Canvas

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Nov 6 13:50:03 EST 2007

On Tue, 6 Nov 2007, Tim Roberts wrote:

> If you define _doSave to something false (None or 0 or False or '' etc.),

> it should skip the save(). In that case, you should be able to fetch the

> canvas out of the docTemplate, call showPage(), and continue on with your

> own drawing.

> Maybe that's the issue. Are you fetching the canvas from the doc

> template? It creates its own canvas. You can't use your own.

This looks like the problem source. I define 'doc' as SimpleDocTemplate()
which does not allow me to pass the defined canvas. Not before instantiating
PageTemplate(), I need to look for an example to follow.

Rich

--
Richard B. Shepard, Ph.D. | Integrity Credibility
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. | Innovation