[reportlab-users] Reportlab 2.0 Paragraph using <b> with ttf-fonts, HOW?

Andy Robinson andy at reportlab.com
Thu May 3 15:49:17 EDT 2007

> oh, once you know how it is done, it works quite well! Maybe you can add

> those lines to paragraph.py docstring?

Done, good idea. It is covered in the user guide too.

> One thing that bothers me is th rather strict and ancient idea of a family

> :) ... as long as they are not all members present, <b> fails without any

> message whatsoever :(

> (That is, if only the mappings for normal and bold are present, no <b> gets

> evaluated)

> ...of course, it's possible to work around by just adding fake mappings.

Interesting. We never tried this case; I guess I always did the fake
ones instinctively.

I have today committed a class reportlab/lib/fontfinder.py which can
search directories and organise fonts into families. The general idea
is to declare a search path, and for Platypus to automatically
register fonts and look for their bold or italic variants. It's not
hooked up to the framework yet but comments are welcome.

- Andy