[reportlab-users] script conveting text to pdf

phthenry at iglou.com phthenry at iglou.com
Wed Mar 14 14:13:10 EDT 2007

-----Original Message-----
From: "Timothy Kong" <recnelis7 at gmail.com>
To: "Support list for users of Reportlab software" <reportlab-
users at reportlab.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 11:08:38 -0400
Subject: Re: [reportlab-users] script conveting text to pdf

> A Paragraph sounds like it can also do what your script does. That way,

> you

> can have platypus handle the page layout and have Paragraph format your

> text

> rather than manually positioning text strings. drawString and pdfgen

> are

> more direct ways to interact with pdfs.

> The chapters 5 and 6 in the userguide have examples of using flowables

> (like

> Paragraph) with platypus.

Thanks.

I'm not sure I want platypus to handle the formatting.
I think that if I want to start working with page layout,
I'd just use latex. I want users to have be able to control
the layout of a page exactly as they would on a typewriter.
I am aiming for simplicity. But perhaps platypus can do
what I want?

Paul