[reportlab-users] TTF fontname issue with blanks?!

Dinu Gherman gherman at darwin.in-berlin.de
Tue Mar 13 08:25:47 EDT 2007

Robin Becker:

> You're probably right about the rewrite, but the main issue is whether

> the space character can be part of the postscript name. Not having

> written the code it's impossible to be completely sure why the space

> was included, but I can guess that spaces are not allowed in legal

> postscript identifiers so may be inapplicable in font identifiers for

> postscript printers. Probably that test is only applicable if you're

> going to run the font in postscript (already a hard problem for ttf

> fonts).

In my case the font is printed fine on my HP LaserJet 2100 TN, an
ancient PostScript printer. I think Marius Gedminas wrote the code.
Maybe he can comment on it if he's still reading this list. I can
provide the font for testing, if needed.

Dinu

--
Dinu C. Gherman
I love my Mac. I just wish it came in green! - www.greenmyapple.com