[reportlab-users] PIL frombuffer question

Paul Guse paul at mustagh.com
Thu Mar 8 17:53:07 EST 2007

Well I partially answered my own question. I can get a pixel buffer to write to the canvas as an image with the following code:

mode = 'RGB'
img = PIL.Image.frombuffer (mode, (100,100), b, "raw", mode, 0, 1)
img.fp = ""

i = ImageReader (img)
c.drawImage (i, 100, 100, 100, 100)

If I don't set img.fp I get an attribute error. This draws the image to the pdf correctly.
Anyways, this seems like a bit of a hack, and I'm sure there's a better way to do it. Also, it would be great to be able to create a platypus flowable out of a pixel buffer.
Does anyone have any tips for doing this?

Paul