[reportlab-users] z3c.rml bugs

Stephan Richter srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu
Tue Jun 19 13:40:49 EDT 2007

Hi Rick,

On Thursday 14 June 2007 14:50, Rick Morrison wrote:

> First of all, a quick note of thanks for cooking up the z3c.rml package.

You are welcome.

> I've been playing with it for the last couple of days with some RML that

> we've been using on an in-house application, and noticed a couple of items

> in which you might be interested:

> first, there's an incosistency in the DTD regarding blocktable

> spans. ReportLab uses "stop" to identify the end of a span, whilst z3c.rml

> seems to use "end".

No, z3c.rml uses "stop". It just does not complain about any superfluous
attributes, such as "end". "end" is simply ignored. All this works well.

> secondly and more problematic, there seems to be an issue of the

> re-use of blocktable styles on different block tables.

> I tried to apply the same style to two block tables that each had the

> same number of columns, but different numbers of rows, and get an

> exception thrown in

> reportlab.platypus. Here's the stack trace:

> I'm trying to reuse the same style sheet for two tables. The first table

> has five rows, second has only three.

> It looks as if platypus may be modifying the style sheet, so that when the

> second table renders, it's trying to use a style intended for row 5, but

> there is no row five. I'm guessing here, didn't spend a whole lot of time

> with it.

Unfortunately I could not reproduce this problem. I created a new test file
tag-blockTableStyle-2.rml that demonstrates your use case and everything
works fine.

While checking out your reports, I also updated the source code to ReportLab
2.1 with which I tested everything. I have just released z3c.rml 0.6. 0.6 is
tested with ReportLab 2.1 and includes the additional test.

Regards,
Stephan
--
Stephan Richter