[reportlab-users] getKeepWithNext attribute error

Riaan Bekker riaan.bekker at kapabiosystems.com
Wed Jan 31 01:31:34 EST 2007

Ok, think I found the problem here. I populate the self._flowables with a
list of FRAMES, and as far as I can see FRAMES are not flowables, they are
containers. So when I populated the list with PARAGRAPHS, then it created
the PDF document, although it was empty.

I am not sure how FRAMES and PARAGRAPHS fit together. How do I tell the
document that I have a BASEDOCTEMPLATE with 4 frames (3 columns at top, 1
body frame) and then how to I tell the PARAGRAPHS that it belongs to a
certain FRAME?

At the moment I did the following:

1. Setup a class and derive from BaseDocTemplate.
2. Setup a pageTemplate.
3. Setup Frames
4. Add frames to the pageTemplate
5. Add the pageTemplate to the list of page templates
6. create a flowable list of paragraphs
7. use the build method and send the flowable (full of paragraphs)

The PDF is then still empty. How do I tell the paragraphs to go into certain
frames?

_____