[reportlab-users] fixed paragraph height?

Marcel Gsteiger Marcel.Gsteiger at milprog.ch
Tue Jan 30 02:41:02 EST 2007

I need the opposite: a paragraph that occupies a fixed vertical space within a frame, even when it is shorter, but it should not fill up the entire frame. Perhaps I should use tables for this? I tried to put a space after the paragraph, but I was unable to get at the paragaphs real vertical size.

Regards
--Marcel

>>> gherman at darwin.in-berlin.de 29.01.2007 >>>

Marcel Gsteiger:

> Is it possible to use platypus and create paragraphs with fixed

> height within a frame?

If you mean to "squeeze a paragraph into a fixed size box while
reducing the fontsize to make it fit inside", then, yes, you
can do that with the KeepInFrame flowable using mode="shrink"
in reportlab 2. I do it all the time.

Regards,

Dinu