[reportlab-users] n00b Python Question

McPhilamy, Chris- PD Chris.McPhilamy at cityofhouston.net
Thu Jan 18 17:25:02 EST 2007

Your help is much appreciated!

I know a little about whats going on in Python but can seem to figure out
why I cant the step 8 test to work.

Open up a MS-DOS command prompt and CD to "..\reportlab\test". On NT, enter
"test_pdfgen_general.py"; on Win9x, enter "python
test_pdfgen_general.py". After a couple of seconds, the script completes and
the file
test_pdfgen_general.pdf should be ready
This is located in the userguide. I cant seem to get it to run in the cmd
and in the python GUI it gives me the following error.

C:\Python25\reportlab_2_0\reportlab\test>python test_pdfgen_general.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "test_pdfgen_general.py", line 11, in <module>
from reportlab.test import unittest
ImportError: No module named reportlab.test

For some reason reportlab.test one work and I cant find it anywere. Any
ideas? What am I over looking?

Thank you,

Chris McPhilamy

City of Houston