[reportlab-users] Frames, Logo images, and text

Robin Becker robin at reportlab.com
Tue Jan 16 05:16:55 EST 2007

Chuck wrote:

> I have been trying all day to get this to work. My complete code is below. I

> can get my text into the PDF, I can get my image in the PDF. What I can't get

> to work is frames so that the image (logo) appears directly to the right of the

> text. The image always appears first and then the text below on the next line.

> Please help.

> Chuck

>> Thanks for the help. I made you changes but it still puts the picture

>> above the text, not beside the text.

>> I also found a user group at

>> http://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.python.reportlab.user . It may be the

>> same. I have now posted there.

>> Chuck

Well Chuck, it wasn't clear from your original question to clpy what you
actually wanted.

There are several image mechanisms available.

0) as I specified. The image is considered to be a flowable by itself and takes
up the full width of the frame.

1) ImageAndFlowables. This flowable takes an Image and a list of flowables and
then makes the list of flowables "flow round" the image which is forced left or
right.

2) Table. You can align Images and other flowables by using Table instances.

Skipping 0) which of 1) 2) do you thing you need?