[reportlab-users] Installing RenderPm on OSX

Robin Becker robin at reportlab.com
Wed Feb 28 12:03:36 EST 2007

Dev Sen wrote:

> Robin,

> Two follow on questions:

> 1) Do you know how I can restrict the build to only use the python version

> on a specific path...

well if you reference a particular python it should know everything it needs to
know about where stuff gets installed etc. If you had one in the plone area
you'd need to do something like

/Applications/Plone-2.5.2/Python-2.4.4/bin/python setup.py install

I'm not sure of the paths here.

> 2) Any suggestions on resolving the second issue you identified, i.e.

> Finding the freetype library at runtime?

> Thanks for your help,

> Dev

this is tougher. I know I have this working on my work 10.1 mac box. Remind me
and I'll try and find out what I used for the setup.py changes (if any on that).