[reportlab-users] Installing RenderPm on OSX

Dev Sen DEV.K.SEN at saic.com
Wed Feb 28 10:08:55 EST 2007

Hi,

First posting to this list, so excuse my naivety.

I need to install renderPM for a Plone product I am testing out and it
doesn¹t seem to be installing correctly. Reportlab is by default installed
with recent versions of Plone, and I have tested it out and it works great.

I am putting renderPM in a folder called rl_addons, which is at the same
level as reportlab. I have then run python setup.py install, which seems to
proceed without issue, yet when I run the testrenderPM script I get an
error. I am copying the tracebacks. My environment is a MacPro with OSX
10.4.8.

Thanks in advance for help.

Dev

INSTALLING RENDERPM
dev-sens-computer:/Applications/Plone-2.5.2/Python-2.4.4/lib/python2.4/site-
packages/rl_addons/renderPM Orion$ python setup.py install
running install
running build
running build_clib
building '_renderPM_libart' library
building '_renderPM_gt1' library
running build_ext
running install_lib
running install_egg_info
Removing
/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/lib/python2.5/site-package
s/_renderPM-1.03-py2.5.egg-info
Writing
/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/lib/python2.5/site-package
s/_renderPM-1.03-py2.5.egg-info

TESTING INSTALLATION:
dev-sens-computer:/Applications/Plone-2.5.2/Python-2.4.4/lib/python2.4/site-
packages/rl_addons/renderPM Orion$ python test_renderPM.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "test_renderPM.py", line 3, in <module>
import _renderPM
ImportError:
dlopen(/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/lib/python2.5/site-
packages/_renderPM.so, 2): Symbol not found: _FT_Load_Glyph
Referenced from:
/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/lib/python2.5/site-package
s/_renderPM.so
Expected in: dynamic lookup