[reportlab-users] Preformatted class with text wrapping and line breaks

Chris Wilson cwilson at nswrdn.com.au
Sun Feb 18 22:17:22 EST 2007

Hi,

I have some text that I wish to display in a table cell. This text has
line breaks in it placed there using \n characters. Originally I was
using this text with the Paragraph class but the line breaks were not
appearing in the text. I then started using the the Preformatted class
to display the text with line breaks included. The problem is, where the
text is wider than the border of the table, instead of wrapping as it
did when in a Paragraph, the text simply runs over the border of the table.

Is it possible to either:
Force a Paragraph object to obey \n line breaks (or some form of
inline line break)? or,
Force Preformatted (or XPreformatted) object to wrap when placed
within a table?

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

Chris Wilson