[reportlab-users] valuestep for categoryaxis?

Robin Becker robin at reportlab.com
Mon Feb 12 05:08:08 EST 2007

frank h. wrote:

> Hello,

> I have a VerticalBarChart and thus my xaxis is a categoryAxis

> I want to control the 'valuesteps' on that axis, the same way I can do it

> for an valueaxis

> but the categoryAxis class has no such attribute

> can I replace my categoryaxis with a valueaxis?

> or what other solution is there to control the valuesteps?

> thanks for any insights you might have

> -frank

category axes are not continuous and pay no attention to values. The idea of a
category axis is that you put the (y) values in sequence and they are then
arranged on the x-axis according to their position in the sequence. As there are
no x values there is no need for valuesteps either. Perhaps you have some
special need that doesn't fit with that; if so what is it?