[reportlab-users] Bug in SimpleDocTemplate?

Michael Hipp Michael at Hipp.com
Thu Feb 1 15:30:51 EST 2007

Tim Roberts wrote:

> Michael Hipp wrote:

>> Here's a fragment of what I'm doing in trying to create a landscape document...

>> from reportlab.lib.pagesizes import letter, landscape

>> pageSize = landscape(letter)

>> doc = SimpleDocTemplate(fnam, pagesize=pageSize, showBoundary=0)

>> When I pull up the resulting pdf in Adobe Reader, it looks perfect, but it

>> prints portrait. In the print dialog for Adobe Reader it tells me

>> Document: 11.0 x 8.5 in.

>> Paper: 8.5 x 11.0 in.

>> Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

> This is normal. When you have a landscape document, you have to change

> the printer to print in landscape. Alternatively, the Acrobat dialog

> has an "Auto-rotate and center" option that will do this for you

> automatically.

Um, I pray you're mistaken.

So what would someone do if they (like me) are using GhostScript for printing
rather than Adobe. Does it have such an option? (I don't see one.)

Surely Reportlab should be able to produce output where the document and paper
match.

Michael