[reportlab-users] Forcing usage of DejaVu fonts instead of standardfonts in PDF

Dinu Gherman gherman at darwin.in-berlin.de
Mon Dec 17 05:08:23 EST 2007

Sorin Sbarnea:

> Changing the name of the font in RML files is not an option. The

> entire idea is to change the font set without changing the templates.

> Just for your info: I've tried to change the font name to Helvetica2

> in RML and on the registerFont and it does work, but i need to make it

> work for "Helvetica" because I can't "update" the RML files from the

> project.

I'm not sure, but I'd expect that RL does not let you "overwrite"
an existing font by registering a new one under the same name.
I'd try to access the RML files, copy them to some other location,
change font names and paths as appropriate and run them in this
other location.

Regards (si Noroc!),

Dinu