[reportlab-users] newbie help

Anil replicase at gmail.com
Wed Dec 5 21:37:43 EST 2007

I am 1 day old into Reportlab.

I want to generate a PDF file with all the email addresses. Each page
would have all email addresses starting with A, and next page with B,
so on...

If I have something like:
doc = SimpleDocTemplate(buffer, pagesize = letter)
doc.build(Story,
onFirstPage=self.firstPage,
onLaterPages = self.restPage)

All the pages after 1st page will be rendered from self.restPage().
But, how do I go about changing each of these pages?

It seems like thats not what I should be doing.

Should I create a class that extends SimpleDocTemplate, and use the
afterPage or other methods in that class to do something like:
if email begins with 'a':
canvas.circle(...)

Does someone have some good examples that does something like this?

Thanks,
Anil