[reportlab-users] embedding vector graphics in reportlab pdf

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Dec 4 09:17:32 EST 2007

On Tue, 4 Dec 2007, Robin Becker wrote:

> so far as I'm aware we don't support eps in PDF. Adobe says it's

> deprecated so we just don't do it. We have converted eps into PDF using

> various commercial tools (and ghostscript) and we do have a proprietary

> tool pageCatcher for bringing PDF into a reportlab document. You can use

> ghostscript to render eps into other image formats, but they then become

> magnification sensitive so the usual solution is to make them larger than

> needed and then let PDF reduce to the wanted size.

May I suggest using 'convert' (a part of ImageMagick)? It supports over
100 file formats and provides tools to do just about anything you'd want to
do to a graphical image. It will convert .eps to .pdf.

Rich

--
Richard B. Shepard, Ph.D. | Integrity Credibility
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. | Innovation