[reportlab-users] easy_install reportlab

Stephan Richter srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu
Sat Dec 1 13:10:30 EST 2007

On Friday 30 November 2007, Dinu Gherman wrote:

> > Any reason why this shouldn't happen?

> Lazyness? ;-) Well, I wonder if this procedure does install the "real"

> source files? Last time I cared about easy_install it seemed to me

> like it was installing some binary blob (not just a zip file), in

> which it was hard to change something. But changing code in a zip

> file can be also a pain.

The point of easy install is not to install changeable code. If you do not
like to get an egg file installed, simple set the zip_safe option in setup.py
to False.

Another disadvantage of not having reportlab on PyPI is that I cannot use it
as a formal dependency in my packages either (which sucks).

Anyways, it is pretty easy to create a proper egg.

Regards,
Stephan
--
Stephan Richter