[reportlab-users] KeepInFrame.drawOn() working?

Robin Becker robin at reportlab.com
Sat Sep 30 05:21:23 EDT 2006

Dinu Gherman wrote:
> Dinu Gherman:
>
>> Also, I would expect the XBox to be placed at the bottom of the
>> outer rectangle, not in the upper, BTW.
>
> I guess, I'm wrong on this point, since the "border" frame in
> my sample code must be filled from top to bottom. But the other
> questions are still valid.
>
> Dinu

I suspect KeepInFrame is intended to be used in a flowable context where
wrap is called. Since it's expected that it will never be split or
wrapped twice the wrap is assumed to be called just the once and the
calculations for width, height scaling are carried out there.

Logically we should probably allow for all flowables to be wrapped
multiple times in different contexts, but pragmatically that hasn't been
done. In the drawOn method no information is directly available as to
the available space so it's hard to do the calculations there anyway.