[reportlab-users] 2.0 Install Failure -- Need change to test_pdfgen_general.py

Bill Hickok b-hickok at rochester.rr.com
Tue Sep 26 20:56:24 EDT 2006

I installed from ReportLab_2_0.zip on a Windows XP system.
On running  test_pdfgen_general.py I got:

ERROR: Make a PDFgen document with most graphics features
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "test_pdfgen_general.py", line 832, in test0
    run(outputfile('test_pdfgen_general.pdf'))
  File "test_pdfgen_general.py", line 795, in run
    c = makeDocument(filename)
  File "test_pdfgen_general.py", line 708, in makeDocument
    c.rect(1*inch, 1.2*inch, w, h)
UnboundLocalError: local variable 'w' referenced before assignment

Examining the file showed w,h undefined.  I modified the test file at line
704 adding
    w = 6 * inch
    h = 6 * inch

This worked.  However the resulting rectangles are too big.

Could someone who has access add these lines with the  correct dimensions?

Thanks.

This is really a great module set!