[reportlab-users] non-pdf backend?

Dinu Gherman gherman at darwin.in-berlin.de
Thu Sep 21 06:33:38 EDT 2006

Andy Robinson:

> However, we can only do it for "drawings", which are small rectangles
> typically containing charts.  We cannot render an entire page of text
> and paragraphs to anything but PDF at present.  That's a goal for
> Version 3.0 but I will not guess when we'll be starting on that...

If you want PDF to bitmap conversion there is certainly other
software doing it now, commercial or free.

If you can work on a Mac you can use my free pdf2tiff script,
which builds on internal Mac PDF libraries. It has been very
helpful at least once for getting output on paper that would
otherwise not print, because of some digital restriction mana-
gement setting in Acrobat Reader:

   http://python.net/~gherman/pdf2tiff.html

Have fun,

Dinu