[reportlab-users] Problem with using TTFont in chart

Yura Asyutin yasyutin at gmail.com
Tue Sep 19 06:22:17 EDT 2006

Robin, hi!

I tried to use TTFont, while rendering text in graphic charts and run into
the same problem, described here:

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.python.reportlab.user/4853

Need to use TTFont is to internationalize chart labels, to use UTF-8.

Also I found your answer about this:
http://two.pairlist.net/pipermail/reportlab-users/2003-November/002402.html

As I understand, you successfully used TTFont by RenderPM, avoiding call to
_renderPM.makeT1Font, that renders only Type1
 fonts.

Unfortunately, I couldn't succesfully use TTFont in chart. Could you
describe more detailed the way to do it (example would be appreciated)? Is
it possible to use ttfont in chart?
Is there any other way to internationalize charts ( to use UTF-8)?

Thanks, Yuriy Asyutin.