[reportlab-users] The Font Problem fix?

Robin Becker robin at reportlab.com
Thu Sep 14 16:33:19 EDT 2006

rmorin at bcgsc.ca wrote:
> Some of you must be familiar with this error:
>
> raise RenderPMError, "Can't setFont(%s) missing the T1 files?\nOriginally
> %s: %s" % (fontName,s1,s2)
> reportlab.graphics.renderPM.RenderPMError: Can't setFont(Times-Roman)
> missing the T1 files?
>
> I found a supposed fix for Linux machines here:
>
> http://bioinf.scri.ac.uk/lp/downloads/programs/genomediagram/renderPM_help.txt
>
> The instructions seemed sensible enough.  I downloaded the fonts to a
> 'fonts' subdirectory in the report lab directory.  However, I am still
> encountering the same error message.  Does anyone know of a reason this
> might be happening?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Ryan

Hi that resource looks really useful. And the problem is definitely
related to the info there. Can you say what operating system you're on
ie what does
	python -c"import sys;print sys.platform"
report? The linux info relates to those systems that report linux2 (I
think), but I recently noticed the same problems myself on suc a system.