[reportlab-users] http://two.pairlist.net/pipermail/reportlab-users/2004-April/002885.html

Andy Robinson andy at reportlab.com
Thu Sep 7 07:50:54 EDT 2006

Felipe Almeida Lessa wrote:
> 2006/9/7, Robin Becker <robin at reportlab.com>:
>
>> The latest 1.21 branch code contains a <br/> tag for paragraphs
>> backported from
>> yhe 2.0 branch. A customer reports that it works. I can make a
>> snapshot release
>> of the 1.21 branch if that is really needed.
>

> Do you guys plan to mantain 2.0 and 1.21 forever or only for some
> months? Or it depends on your customers?

The customers ;-)

1.21 mostly exists to support customers and users who have not yet
moved.  If we implement a new feature, it will be on the trunk.  We will
only backport things to 1.x if (a) someone needs it, and (b) the
workload of doing this is pretty easy.  The <br/> tag was quite easy.

The trunk of the code will go through 2.0, 2.1, 2.2 etc (and with daily
builds and subversion between releases) until the next time we decide to
make an incompatible change.  This is unlikely in the next year.

Best Regards,

Andy Robinson