[reportlab-users] Newbie - platypus or not?

Andres Luga andres.luga at gmail.com
Thu Sep 7 02:57:54 EDT 2006

Hi,

I have attached the desired output, but I don't know the best way to achieve it.

With Platypus it is easy to draw the table (grid), but I don't know
how to precise-position objects. The only Platypus-object that accepts
coordinates as parameters seems to be Frame, but it isn't Flowable and
can't be inside the table cell.

Am I right that in this situation Platypus doesn't fit and the best
approach would be using Canvas directly?

Another question - in the document it's preferable that the first and
last name are on the same line. The font size can be 1 unit smaller,
if needed. But if the name doesn't fit on the one line even with
smaller font, then it has to be on two lines with regular font. How to
achieve that?

Regards,

Andres Luga