[reportlab-users] PDF/A-Standard with Reportlab?

Andy Robinson andy at reportlab.com
Wed Nov 29 11:03:58 EST 2006

Müller Mark wrote:

> Hello there,

> does the reportlab generated PDF's support the PDF/A ISO 19005-1 Standard?

According to the FAQ one would need to
(a) always embed the fonts (which is the programmer's choice)
(b) use device-independent colour (I don't think we do this, we just
put in RGB or CMYK values and may need to declare another colour space).
(c) include XMP metadata, which we have not implemented.

Since the spirit of the standard is to leave out other fancy features,
rather than adding any, there's a good chance we could do this quickly.
Th two features above are quite simple to implement.

If you need compliance for a project and are willing to incur some
costs, please contact me directly and we can work something out.

Otherwise I can't promise when we'd comply, but we may do if it gets big.

Best Regards,

Andy Robinson
CEO/Chief Architect
ReportLab Europe Ltd.