[reportlab-users] printing to a thermal (POS) printer

dima Q dimaqq at gmail.com
Wed Nov 29 07:15:30 EST 2006

Hi

I would like to use reportlab to to print pretty receipts on a standard POS
printer and I'm not sure how to specify paper size in reportlab (or PDF for
that matter). Basically paper width is known (say 80mm) but paper length is
not - printer cuts the paper when the printing job is done (or perhaps per
page). Driver reports page size like 80mm x <some large number>mm.

I would prefer to use the layout engine, platipus, in which case I can
hardly guess the page length.

How could I do this with reportlab?

Thanks
Dima