[reportlab-users] Writing a platypus DocTemplate that will fit all flowables on a single page

Peter Russell peter.russell at qustom.co.uk
Tue Nov 28 07:07:40 EST 2006

Hi

I have an application where I need to be sure that user content all fits
on a single page in two equally sized columns. To do this I may need to
shrink the font size of flowables, after they have been constructed, and
passed to the build method of the DocTemplate.

Is this sort of thing possible, or will I need to use lower level
constructs to achieve this?

Also I don't suppose anyone knows of a good algorithm for distributing
blocks between two columns such that the two columns have equal height?

--
Peter Russell <peter.russell at qustom.co.uk>
Qustom