[reportlab-users] Off-topic Question

Tim Roberts timr at probo.com
Tue Nov 21 19:57:01 EST 2006

Mike Dewhirst wrote:

> Andy Robinson wrote:

>> Tim Roberts wrote:

>>> The people on this list care about how things look, so maybe one of you

>>> will have an answer for this.

>>> I often find that I need to design printed forms for manual data entry.

>>> Labelled fields, character boxes, check boxes, etc. Is there a good

>>> package out there for doing that kind of layout, oriented towards

>>> business forms? Visio used to have a fabulous stencil set for designing

>>> forms, and it was my primary reason for using Visio, but Microsoft

>>> removed it without explanation in the Office XP release.

> <snip>

> Tried OpenOffice?

No, that's a different use of the word, which is admittedly overloaded.
"Forms" in OpenOffice means dialogs designed to be presented online and
filled in by keyboard. I'm talking about creating purchase order forms
to be sent to a print shop, bound into pads, and filled in by the office
staff with a pen.

Tim Roberts, timr at probo.com
Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.