[reportlab-users] NameError: name '__loader__' is not defined

dimitri pater dimitri.pater at gmail.com
Mon Nov 20 05:32:01 EST 2006

Hello,
I am new here to this list...
I have just installed reportlab 2.0 using the .tgz from the
reportlab.orgwebsite and installed it on my Linux Suse
10.1 laptop. Import reportlab works from the Python command line. But the
first example from the reportlab doc throws an exeption (my ide is WingIDE):

NameError: name '__loader__' is not defined

Traceback (innermost last):

File "/home/metroviewer/Desktop/reportlab_2_0/reportlab/test/runAll.py",
line 1, in ?
#!/usr/bin/env python
File "/home/metroviewer/Desktop/reportlab_2_0/reportlab/test/runAll.py",
line 93, in ?
main()
File "/home/metroviewer/Desktop/reportlab_2_0/reportlab/test/runAll.py",
line 41, in main
from reportlab.lib.utils import isSourceDistro
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages/reportlab/lib/utils.py", line
147, in ?
_isFSD = not __loader__

I also get this error running the runAll.py

Any idea? Your help is appreciated.
Thanks,
Dimitri

--
---
You can't have everything. Where would you put it? -- Steven Wright