[reportlab-users] Examples for Euro in Paragraphs

Tim Stoop tim.stoop at gmail.com
Fri May 12 08:54:12 EDT 2006

On 5/12/06, Andy Robinson <andy at reportlab.com> wrote:

> It would take us time to set up that exact configuration, but if you can
> do so, I suggest to take the latest code from subversion.  This is our
> "version 2.0" release,

That's just trunk, right?
http://www.reportlab.co.uk/svn/public/reportlab/trunk/reportlab is what I'm
using now. It still says it's version 1.20 though...

> The code now supports Unicode or UTF8 input throughout, irrespective of
> the fonts you are using, so you can just use "\u20AC" in Python source;
> if the input is from a file or database in UTF8, it should "just work".

I tried this:

line2 = Paragraph("\u20AC 2,-", style2)

But it prints in the PDF exactly like that, "\u20AC 2,-". Anything I should
read first?

--
Gegroet,
Tim