[reportlab-users] using renderPM with platypus

Andy Robinson andy at reportlab.com
Sun Mar 26 13:04:29 EST 2006

will at phototropia.org wrote:
> Friends:
>      Can you use renderPM with platypus objects(particularly tables and
> paragraphs.)

No, generally not.

The graphics submodule was originally just designed to do just charts
and has a different metaphor.

Internally we have written some pretty complex widgets to render certain
fiddly tables, so that customers can then use them in the web and in
Quark documents.  With hindsight we came to wish that all the graphics
renderers were just "a different canvas class" with the same graphics
primitives, which would also let you do a whole PDF page as a bitmap -
for previewing in a GUI.  But that's a "ReportLab 3.0" thing and I won't
promise any dates on that ;-)

- Andy