[reportlab-users] OT: WindowsError Errno 6 using the subprocess module in _make_inheritable

Tim Roberts timr at probo.com
Wed Mar 22 14:33:16 EST 2006

On Wed, 22 Mar 2006 12:02:37 +0100, "Henning von Bargen"
<H.vonBargen at t-p.com> wrote:

>I know this is off-topic,
>but on the other hand I know that at least Robin Becker
>had the same problem in June 2005.

Way off-topic.  Robin Becker inhabits other groups as well.
comp.lang.python would have been a better place.

>My application (Python 2.4.1) is running as a Windows Service.
>I am using the subprocess module to run another process
>(Oracle Reports in this case).

Windows services do not have stdin and stdout.  You cannot allow a
subprocess to inherit your handles, which is what you are asking for.

>Note that I specified PIPE for stdout and stderr, but did not specify
>a value for stdin.

Right, so it inherits your stdin, which is invalid.  Hence, the error.
I believe you want to specify stdin=None.

Tim Roberts, timr at probo.com
Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.