[reportlab-users] table problem

Mike Dewhirst miked at dewhirst.com.au
Wed Mar 8 00:27:57 EST 2006

I'm new to Python and Reportlab.

I have written some python to output html to pdf and it sort of works a
little bit. I can produce paragraph headers and paragraph text ok but
have struck a black hole with tables.

My reading of the docs and samples indicates that all I need to do is
call platypus.tables.Table() with a list of equi-length lists containing
strings and it should work.

For me it just doesn't. Quietly. No errors. The paragraphs before and
after the tables come out OK. I can guarantee via unit tests that the
data (ie., Table(data) ) is a list of lists.

When I checked the source it seems to be looking for a Flowable rather
than a list of lists. This is what I saw in platypus.tables.py ...

class Table(Flowable):
     def __init__(self, data, colWidths=None, rowHeights=None,
style=None, repeatRows=0, repeatCols=0, splitByRow=1,
emptyTableAction=None):

Where am I going astray? Can anyone help?

Thanks

Mike