[reportlab-users] Less than, Greater than, Ampersand, Oh My!

Andy Robinson andy at reportlab.com
Tue Jun 13 03:48:29 EDT 2006

Tom Wiebe wrote:
> Hi There again,
>
> Just wondering what the best way to encode <,>,& and the like. In my
> initial flailing about developing on my mac, I simply replaced them
> with their html-encoded entities and it worked like a charm. i.e.
> &lt;, &gt;, &amp; (I know it's not in the manual, I tried it and it
> worked first go so I left it there).
>
> Now, when I'm trying to get things to work on the Windows side of
> things, my earlier success with html encoding seems to not work any
> longer, giving me the following error:
>
> ABag instance has no attribute 'strike'

Tom, are you using subversion or daily builds, or the released 2.0?

Also, do you have pyRXP/pyRXPu and _rl_accel installed?  Parsing may be
different when falling back into Python and/or differences in installed
extensions between the machines may explain the windows/mac difference.

We did some work a few days ago adding support for strikethrough text
and it sounds like we have a bug either therein or in parsing the
unicode.  We should be able to look at this today.

Best Regards,

Andy Robinson